Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This Is Me..

Just now when I was washing my face, suddenly I remember a story mama told me few weeks back. It happened when I was in kindergarten. Mama said when I was little, my ambition was to be a stewardess ( since that time I always fly to Indonesia, not as often as now  ). But when I told my friend about it, she said 'kau mane boleh jadi pramugari, muka kau ada parut'. ( you cannot be a stewardess because you have scars on your face). It tore me deeply. My mum get sad about it when I told her. Later when I get older ( not that old la, like 7-8 years old ), my mum told me that I can do a laser surgery to remove my scars. But doctor said that I was too young that time. 

 can you see my scars? the one on my nose and my forehead are because of chicken pox when I was a kid and those on my cheeks are because of pimples.

Days past by rapidly, I realize that my scars made me, this is me. I'm different from others. I'm not ordinary clean face people. Although everyone wants a clean face without any flaws. Sometimes imperfection is beauty. For example dimples. Actually dimples happen when there's an imperfection happen during pregnancy. But hey, those with dimples are cute! 

I read once in Cleo if I'm not mistaken, yes we girls / women always think to have clean face without any scars, fair skin, skinny body etc. Because we think that guys / men are more attracted to those who is perfect or almost perfect in their eyes. But in that research, the opposite sex are more attracted or wouldn't mind with those who have flaws, curvy body and tan skin. 

Nobody's in this world is perfect. If you weight 50kg with height 170cm ( the BMI is 17.3 which is UNDERWEIGHT! ), do you ever think that you will have the same weight and body shape when you get married, have kids, getting older? NO! We should be thankful with what we have right now. We should be healthy, not starving to have so-called-perfect body / weight. We should maintain our skin and body health, not use thousands ringgit skincare and rely only on pills. We should exercise to keep ourselves healthy, not drinking slimming drinks or using the slimming cream. We should be ourselves, not trying to be somebody people wants us to be. 

I AM WHO I AM !!

No comments:

Post a Comment